recovery business definition
- The rising price of an asset. For example, following an extended decline in the price of precious metals, investor expectations of future inflation may generate recoveries in gold and silver prices.
- Increased economic activity during a business cycle, resulting in growth in the gross domestic product.
- Collection of all or a portion of a debt previously considered uncollectible.
- Valuable materials remaining after processing. For example, waste processing may result in the recovery of materials that can be reused.
- Compensation obtained from a judicial proceeding.
- Proceeds from the sale of an asset that represent depreciation that has already been taken.
Learn more about recovery